At the end of March 2020, both Nike and Lululemon reported favorable earnings amidst the coronavirus outbreak. In this special report, Coresight Research looks at the experiences of both athletic apparel companies in China, and analyzes how the knowledge gained from the experience can be used to inform their approaches to other markets being affected by the pandemic.
The report discusses coronavirus-related highlights from the companies’ reports including:
- Nike’s four-phase coronavirus playbook and Lululemon’s two-workstream approach
- The use of digital channels—such as activity apps and social media—to engage with consumers and encourage them to stay active
- The growth of e-commerce through digital marketing
- Product innovation and creativity in new product launches
- How Nike and Lululemon have maintained positions of strength through the coronavirus crisis