Jennifer Lopez has sporadically shared details on her upcoming beauty range on Instagram, and now, with the launch of the JLo Beauty brand, we have the details. Boasting the tagline “Beauty has no expiration date,” the product line is sure to resonate with Gen X and Millennials.
The ethos of the brand is summed up in Jennifer’s long-time beauty mantra, The Five S’s: sleep, sunscreen, serum, supplements and sano. Inspired by the Spanish phrase, vivir sano, Jennifer has always committed to living a healthy, sane life. For her, this means no drinking or smoking, eating healthy, exercising and drinking lots of water. Jennifer’s philosophy has been translated into a tight edit of multitasking formulas. The timing for her line is perfect, as celebrity-launched beauty brands have skyrocketed in popularity in recent years.
JLo Beauty represents decades of research, two years of development and more than 100 reformulations until Jennifer was happy with the final output. The collection boasts eight products — six skin care items, one skin care-makeup hybrid, and a supplement. The names are very on-brand for JLo, too. The JLo Beauty collection features:
- That Hit Single in a Gel Cream Cleanser ($38)
- That JLo Glow in a Multitasking Serum ($79)
- That Limitless Glow in a Multitasking Mask ($18; $48 for three)
- That Blockbuster in a Nonstop Wonder Cream ($58)
- That Big Screen in a Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Moisturizer ($54)
- That Fresh Take in a Fierce Eye Cream ($48)
- That Star Filter in an Instant Complexion Booster ($39)
- That Inner Love in a Skin-Nutritious Dietary Supplement ($36)
For her range, Jennifer helped develop an olive complex comprised of squalane, fermented oil, extra virgin oil and leaf extract. “My mom used to say that olive oil was the cure-all for everything. And it’s a secret I’ve used over the years because it really does work,” Jennifer said in a press release. “So, when we went to do this, that was the first thing I said: It has to have olive oil extract as a basis.”
JLo Beauty will launch on jlobeauty.com on January 1, 2021 and at Sephora, sephora.com and Amazon on January 14, 2021.