Eye makeup products continue to own their moment in the sun, according to Spate data. Among the top trends are at-home routines, eyeliner searches and solutions for aging eyelids. Here, Spate ranks the top 10 trends in eye makeup search results for the most recent 12 months ended June 2021.
- On average, there are 5.1M searches for eye makeup products every month in the U.S.
- Eyeshadow and eyelash products are the most searched eye makeup product categories in the U.S.
- The eyeliner category is experiencing the strongest growth in search interest across eye makeup, with 16 percent growth in searches since last year.
- At home routines are sticking around, with products such as brow lamination kits gaining 87.4 percent growth in searches since last year.
- Consumers are seeking makeup solutions for “hooded eyes” with an average of 53.8K searches every month in the U.S. The hooded eyes topic (overall) is searched an average of 234.4K times every month in the U.S.
- White eyeliner is the top trending eyeliner color searched by consumers, with an average of 57.4K searches every month in the U.S.
- Pastel eyeliner colors experienced the strongest growth in searches across eyeliner colors, with 58.2 percent growth since last year.
- Consumer search for non-toxic eye makeup grew by 17.1 percent since last year.
- Magnetic eyelashes are now the top volume (non-branded) search term in the eye makeup category.
- Puppy, butterfly, and fox eyeliner styles are among the top growth eye makeup styles searched by consumers in the U.S.
Your opinion counts! Make sure to cast your vote for this year’s most notable eye makeup products for CEW’s 2021 Beauty Creator Awards. Voting’s made easy with this year’s Product Finalists Report. Just click the Makeup box to read about this year’s star products in Eye Makeup.