Tribe Dynamics shared the top cosmetics brands on social media for the month of April, revealing their Earned Media Value (EMV), a prescribed metric that quantifies the estimated value of publicity gained through digital earned media and its respective engagement levels. Tribe’s holistic approach assigns a specific dollar value to each piece of content, based on the publishing channel’s perceived value of digital word-of-mouth to brands within the industry. EMV serves as a tool for benchmarking across marketing activities and across brands.
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills – $72,405,541
2. M.A.C – $50,830,568
3. Benefit – $39,593,942
4. Tarte – $35,733,882
5. Too Faced – $34,525,913
6. Urban Decay – $33,347,284
7. Maybelline – $28,596,577
8. Morphe – $28,337,261
9. NYX – $26,596,638
10. Makeup Geek – $23,207,823
- Too Faced hosted its annual international blogger summit in LA, pampering influencers with lavishly furnished hotel rooms, generous gifts, and a special behind-the-scenes look into the brand’s production process.
- MAC premiered its long-awaited Selena collection, in honor of the late popstar. The 14-piece set was greeted by universal acclaim from influencers, with #macselena driving $2.0M EMV.
- Tarte unveiled a six-piece brush collection in partnership with influencer Nicol Concilio, facilitating a fan meet-and-greet with the influencer at the New York Generation Beauty event and celebrating her 1 million-follower milestone with a custom-designed cake featuring her Instagram profile.
For the complete report, click here.
For all Tribe reports, click here.