Why is Cosmetic Executive Women membership important to you?
Cosmetic Executive Women membership is an opportunity to be part of a network comprised of beauty industry innovators and professionals. The events feature informative and inspiring panelists.
I was honored to speak at the CEW Color Quake Event about my career experience and the story of Smashbox.
Do you have any tips for getting the most out of CEW membership?
- Attend virtual events to learn about the ever-evolving business and trends from industry leaders and experts.
- Read the beauty news and reports to stay informed.
- Connect through the member directory.
What do you love most about working in the beauty Industry?
I love the combination of art and science in the beauty industry including:
- creativity, innovation, and storytelling
- makeup shades, finish, form, and texture
- ingredients, formulas, and color chemistry
- package design and function
- engineering, technology, and manufacturing
- photography, lighting, makeup artistry, and fashion
I am happy that sustainability is now an important focus and opportunity for innovation:
- creating a circular economy
- climate, packaging materials and forms, regionalization and distribution, waste reduction and recovery
- green chemistry, ingredients, and sourcing
- education and communication
The beauty industry is always changing. There are always new technologies. There is always something to learn.