Beauty executives are gearing up to network and discover some of the most innovative ingredients and products in beauty at this year’s NYSCC (New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists) Suppliers’ Day, a must-attend event for beauty and personal care executives. The two-day tradeshow is taking place from May 2 to May 3 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan. Attendees include cosmetic chemists, ingredient executives, R&D professionals, and experts in formulation and marketing.
This year’s theme, Reimagining Renewal & Wellness, “will be weaved throughout the event and focus on all elements that foster renewal and will shine a light on sustainable beauty,” says Stacey House, Chair, NYSCC. “The event will bridge how wellness and eco-consciousness touch all areas of the industry and impacts new product development and business success.”
This year NYSCC features an expanded show floor hosting 500+ global exhibitors. Dynamic areas include an enhanced educational and wellness experience, new Brazilian and Peru pavilions, a Re-Charge Station, the Main Stage, a Presentation Theater, an Influencer’s Lounge, a Future Chemists Workshop, University Row, a Technical Poster Presentations Showcase, and an Indie Pavilion with 16+ juried brands.
Continuing its mission to educate and involve the workforce of the future and students, Suppliers’ Day will also host the popular Future Chemists Workshop and hold a Mentor Lunch Mixer and Career Development Session.
In addition, the finalists of the CEW Supplier’s Beauty Creators Award for Ingredients & Formulation will be revealed at the NYSCC Industry Awards Night celebration on May 2.
Curated by the NYSCC Scientific Committee, along with support from media and industry association partners, Suppliers’ Day will offer close to 100 hours of educational programming. Topics will address the most pressing issues involved in formulations, sourcing, and marketing including:
- A Fireside Chat featuring Mohamed Kanji, Chief Open Innovation and Operational Excellence Officer, North America at L’Oréal, who will discuss L’Oréal’s open innovation strategy to achieve green sciences and sustainability goals. Moderated by Lan Vu, Founder & CEO, BeautyStreams, the discussion takes place Wednesday, May 3, at 9 a.m.
- Technical courses spearheaded by the NYSCC Scientific Advisory Committee dive into Hair & Scalp Renewal & Wellness and Biotechnology in Beauty & Personal Care.
- A presentation on the Digital Age of Beauty focuses on key strategies, digital tools, and innovative technologies that influence product development and speed to market, including AI and blockchain.
- Expert perspectives on the Microbiome: Inside Out Beauty looks to provide insights on microbiome health from head to toe including oral and vaginal innovations.
- PCPC along with the EU’s IKW present Reimagining, Renewal, & Wellness: Modernizing Cosmetics Regulations.
- INDIE 360, an exhibition space covering every angle of launching and sustaining a brand and featuring a panel of founders sharing their stories including the challenges, opportunities, and journeys to success.
- Lunch-and-learns sponsored by industry partners covering Natural Ingredients: A Discussion with the Experts and Catching China’s Beauty Trends.
- Fragrance: The Invisible Art is returning to Suppliers’ Day and brings together expert perspectives from the essential players in creating invisible art.
- Popular program tracks for all attendees will focus on green issues and reducing waste with Discover Sustainability, global sourcing and marketing trends from World of Chemistry; IBA’s Regulatory & Compliance Update; Innovations from the Exhibit Floor; and “Hot Topics” offering lightning sessions on oral care, DE&I, color, influencers, legal watch outs, and sustainable packaging.
- An Influencer Chemist Panel: Truth in Beauty, featuring The Eco Well, Chemist Confessions, NYSCC’s Influencer, Javon Ford, and more.
For more information and to register for NYSCC Suppliers’ Day visit their website page here. CEW members can use code CEW23 to enjoy a show discount.