The summer months means more sun exposure. Poshly.com went straight to consumers to find out all about their sun care and SPF routines, habits and preferences for their May 2014 Suncare Report. Here, a peek at some of the report’s top consumer insights:
• Top sunscreens—as ranked by beauty consumers: La Roche-Posay, TOCCA and Origins
• Top foundations with SPF: bareMinerals, Bobbi Brown and M.A.C.
• Top lip products with SPF: Lancôme, Tarte and NARS
• 74% of consumers use less makeup when they’re tan
• 86% of consumers use aloe vera to soothe a sunburn
• 46% of consumers say dark spots or signs of aging are their biggest concerns when it comes to sunning
• 43% of consumers use products with SPF almost daily, but only 27% of consumers use sunscreen everyday
• 40% of consumers say SPF level is the most important quality in sunscreen—not waterproof or lightness (non-oily)
• Though a large percentage of consumers say research on skin cancer has deterred them from tanning, 18% of consumers still say they never wear SPF when they do it
• 41% of beauty early adopters always look for makeup with SPF in it
• Body lotions with a hint of self-tanner ranked second for faux tanning products, with 29% of consumers saying they prefer it
This month’s Poshly.com report also includes top brands as ranked by consumers for skin products with SPF. See which brands made the cut!