Dr. Norman Rowe, M.D., M.H.A., L.L.C. is a board certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who trained at New York University Medical Center and the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Institute. He has practices located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side and in Red Bank, NJ. He also performs services at luxe spa Tight, in Water Mill, New York. Here, Dr. Rowe’s Top 10 plastic surgery trends, which he largely attributed to data from The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, as well as his practices.
1. Plastic surgical procedures will continue their increase in popularity in 2017. Procedures increased 20 percent between 2014 and 2015 with 12,792,377 procedures performed. In 2015, plastic surgical procedures grew 75 percent.
2. Non-surgical procedures (Botox, fillers, laser treatments) accounted for 85 percent of all procedures, an increase of 22 percent from 2015.
3. Ethnic and racial minorities comprised 25 percent of plastic surgical patients, an increase of 2 percent in 2015, according to The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. That trend will continue.
4. Buttock augmentation and lifts showed the greatest increase in the non-surgical arena, with a 58 percent increase over 2014.
5. Women will want more options when it comes to their breasts, regarding different types of implants and different materials.
6. Non-surgical tightening showed the greatest increase in numbers performed with a 21 percent and 32 percent increase over 2014, respectively.
7. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatment for hair loss will continue to skyrocket in popularity.
8. Non-surgical fat reduction and skin tightening will continue to explode as machines become more efficient and effective.
9. Demand for non-surgical treatment that yield results will increase, even if the results are for a shorter period of time.