Cosmoprof North America (CPNA), the beauty industry’s must-attend beauty trade show, has exciting plans for its 16th edition, including several new partnerships and programs, and an expanded collaboration with Qurate group, parent company to QVC and HSN. Scheduled to take place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas from July 29 through July 31, this year’s show is expected to draw over 36,000 global attendees and 1,200 B2B beauty exhibitors. (CEW members qualify for a 50 percent discount off admittance by using code “CPNACEW” by June 29.)
Visitors browsing the tradeshow floor will find trend inspiration and new product innovations from exhibitors ranging from small, up-and-coming brands to large multi-nationals hailing from 45 countries and across all beauty sectors. Here, an overview of not-to-miss programs.
1. Beauty Vanities – New this year, Beauty Vanities is a dedicated space for indie brands with a tight assortment. Exhibiting here offers value pricing to upstarts and gives them access to many of CPNA’s special area programs, including access to buyers, influencers and TV shopping auditions.
2. CEW’s Personalization Panel – More than a dozen educational panels are planned during the three-day show. Notably, on Sunday, July 29, CEW will host,
Co-Creation: Stronger, Better Together, a panel discussion about how brands are turning to digital and social platforms to better connect with consumers to understand what they really want from their makeup, skin care and hair care regimens. The panel will feature Karen Moon, CEO& Co-Founder, Trendalytics Innovation Labs; Vikram Bhaskaran, Head of Market Development, Pintrest; and, Katie Rosen, Co-Founder/Editor-in-Chief, FabFitFun. CEW members can use code CPNACEW until June 29 for $15 off the panel registration price.
3. QVC & HSN Program – CPNA’s partnership with Qurate Group has expanded to give attendees and exhibitors the opportunity to practice in-person with on-air QVC and HSN hosts Alberti Popoaj and Amy Morisson. The collaboration will also include a special “Discovered At CPNA” on-air segment, to air early next year on QVC iQ.
4. Founders Factory Lounge – A special collaboration with Founders Factory—the London-based global digital accelerator and incubator, offers attendees the chance to learn about the latest beauty tech solutions, and apply to its Beauty Tech Accelerator program.
5. “Connected Beauty Concept of 2050” – FIDM undergraduate students have been challenged to present what they think smart packaging will look like in 30+ years, including formulations and delivery systems. The three finalists’ concepts will be featured at the show, and the winning team will receive monetary compensation, VIP entry at CPNA 2018 and tailored networking opportunities.
6. Packaging Highlights – To highlight the power of packaging and formulation in the beauty industry, Cosmoprof will reprise The Beauty Innovation & Design Awards (BeautyID Awards) in partnership with Beauty Packaging. The awards program recognizes creativity in packaging design, material and product formulation. Winners will be announced during a celebratory reception held on July 30. Additionally, those seeking formula or packaging information will have access to over 100 suppliers in the Discover Pack area, as well as a new Material Connexion Innovation Wall, which will display unconventional, sustainable packaging materials.
7. Beauty Pitch – The show will see the return of its Beauty Pitch Angels 2018 competition, a program offering brands the opportunity to attend a 15-minute closed-door pitch in front of a group of angel investors for the chance to win a possible investment in their business and brand exposure.
For a full list of CPNA’s special areas and featured brands, please click here.