Impossibly Chic Tresses at Jonathan Simkhai
Jonathan Simkhai ’s spring/summer 2015 woman was inspired by a shattered glass motif: the light reflecting from each piece is unique from different vantage points—at times the woman reflected in the glass may appear intense, at other times, soft. CATWALK by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin developed an effortless hair look that speaks perfectly to Simkhai’s uptown/downtown girl.
Hair Look How-To:
– Mist hair with CATWALK by TIGI Fast Fixx Style Prep and create a center part, tucking hair behind the ears
– Next, section the hair horizontally at the back of the head and spray CATWALK by TIGI Bodifying Spray at the roots and on the surface of hair
– Blow dry hair, focusing on collapsing the hair flat against the head throughout, as you move through each section towards the top of the head
– Using a small-barreled curler, curl random half-inch sections towards the ends of the hair creating a slight texture. Set the shape in place with sectioning clips
– Once set, remove clips and finish with a spritz of CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray
Soft and Sweet Nails at BCBGMAXAZRIA
OPI kicked off Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week with BCBGMAXAZRIA at Lincoln Center. Lead nail artist Miss Pop painted models’ fingers and toes with one coat of OPI Base Coat followed by two coats of OPI’s bestselling soft pink Bubble Bath. She finished the nail with one coat of OPI Top Coat. This sheer, neutral look complemented the collection’s bohemian silhouettes, muted pastel floral pieces and earthy tones.
Sixties Beauty at Saunder
Lead Makeup Artist Katie Jane Hughes
followed the inspiration of Saunder’s spring/summer 2015 collection, which was filled with colorful statement pieces that are feminine ala the rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle of the 60s.
Makeup Look How-To:
Skin: Skin was prepped with a moisturizer and imperfections were covered with concealer as needed, followed by foundation over the entire face.
Eyes: White powdery shadow was applied over a shine balm on eyelids. Create a graphic smoky eye with butter LONDON Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black. Line the waterline with butter LONDON Eye Pencil in Alabaster Gaze. Lastly, apply butter LONDON Mascara in Union Jack Black to lashes, concentrating on the roots.
Brows: Apply butter LONDON Mascara in Brown Sugar to the brows.
Lips: Line lips with pink lip liner and apply butter LONDON Moisture Matte Lipstick in Primrose Hill Picnic, blotted with a tissue.